Thursday, January 18, 2007

Web site outages, snafus, and calamities

The last week or so has been exasperating, to say the least. I registered photo-dodo.com, photo-dodo.biz, photo-dodo.info, and photo-dodo.net with GoDaddy.



That was easy.



Then I decided I'd continue using the Blogger weblog publishing tool and use their new "custom domain" feature. Essentially, a blogger can register a domain name and point it to their Blogger.com address (in my case, photo-dodo.blogspot.com).



That was easy, too. However, setting the GoDaddy DNS parameters...oh, boy! To make a really long story short, getting one setting wrong kind of put the FUBAR to it all.



I think I've got it right now. (But I thought I got it right the other 12 times, too!)



I wish to express my sincere apologies to Photo-dodo's readers. I really am sorry that there were so many outages. Hopefully, the pain is over.



Thanks for sticking with us.





powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment